New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Friday, November 18, 2011

Be Thankful...Week of November 21-25

Hello everyone:

I am posting this a bit early because I have a very busy weekend ahead: today and tomorrow are the Discovery Teacher's Workshop (nice job today, choir students!). Also, my parents are coming into town tomorrow! Because of this, I will be absent on Monday and Tuesday. Students, please be on your best behavior and continue to work as hard for the sub as you do for me!

Also, please remember that there is only school Monday-Wednesday this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday. I hope you all enjoy your long weekend.

9th graders: Please don't forget that we are having our Thanksgiving meal during lunch on Wednesday, November 23! You will be given a note on Monday or Tuesday to remind you about what you signed up to bring. If you have any questions or concerns, send me an e-mail since I won't be at school.

Here's what you will be doing with the sub on Monday-Tuesday and on Wednesday with me:

6th grade: You will be continuing to work on your Ancient Inca packet. You should have pages 1-2 completed already, and on Monday-Tuesday you will be working on page 4 in class. This will require you to read an article about the Incan palace Machu Picchu and answer questions based on the reading. If you finish early you can start to work on the "Extra Extra" pages at the end of the packet. On Wednesday we will work on pages 3 and 5.
--

7th grade: Monday and Tuesday will be spent in the computer lab so you can work on your country projects. You may also play country games. I would suggest this link as the best of the country games: http://www.maps.com/games/quiz-russia.aspx. If you have trouble staying on topic, or if the Internet is down, you will have an assignment out of the book. Otherwise, enjoy your computer lab time and USE YOUR TIME WISELY PLEASE. You will not have any other days in the computer lab until after your presentations! On Wednesday I will present my Russia project.
--

8th grade: You will be spending your class time completing a Seek-and-Find activity using information about the first 7 kings of Ancient Rome. Please be sure you spend at least the first 25 minutes of Monday's class reading about these kings (the sub will have the papers for you) and take your time to answer the questions correctly. You may also finish your map/primary source activity. Both worksheets will be due on Wednesday when I return. Please be sure to use your class time wisely and make good decisions about how you behave for the sub. Thank you for your cooperation and hard work in advance. When I return on Wednesday we will have an introductory PowerPoint on the geography of Rome in the library.
--

9th grade: Remember all those connections you made between the different Revolutions and the Enlightenment last week? On Monday and Tuesday you are going to pull those connections together in a French Revolution and Enlightenment DBQ. Please read all instructions and the rubric carefully so you don't lose points for silly mistakes. Write down any questions you have so I can answer them on Wednesday when I return. We will have some Q and A time on Wednesday, and then will watch another Horrible Histories movie about the Industrial Revolution!
--

I am so thankful for the wonderful students, parents, and staff at Discovery School! Thank you so much for being a shining part of my life!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and give thanks for all your blessings and joys!
KF

No comments:

Post a Comment