New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A bit of housekeeping...

I have received 15 late passes since the beginning of the school year (to put this into perspective, we have had something like 33 days of school so far).Too many late passes!

If you do the math, (%/100 = is/of, 7th graders) that means that I have had at least one student late for almost half of the days of school.

Because I generally start class right after the tardy bell rings, this means that almost half of the days of class I have had one student or another entering my room, disrupting the activity already underway, and forcing me to give directions to the class twice
to make sure the late student is fully up to speed. This is a waste of the rest of the class' time, as well as my own.

->I know this is a problem that other teachers are having, too <-

So, if I may, here are a few suggestions:
Parents: please do what you can to keep late arrivals to school at a minimum. Obviously there are days when things go wrong or there is a problem with traffic, but planning ahead and leaving a few minutes early can sometimes make a big difference. Remember, you are doing this for your student! Keep the valuable class time they miss to a minimum!

Students: help your parents out! Go to bed on time, get up on time, and be ready to go when your parents want to leave. Pack your bag the night before, have your lunch ready to go before you sleep, so all you have to do is get up, grab your stuff, and go!

And I will look forward to seeing you before the second bell rings! :)

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment