New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Senior Blog Post: Due Monday, September 20

Hello Seniors:

I hope you had a lovely Independence Day break, and that you are refreshed and ready to get back to work!!

For your blog post this week, I would like you to link to the website of the College or University you are going to (or want to go to) and then tell me what you are going to major in and why you want to go to that college to study that subject. Tell me what excites you about your college and what are you worried about. If your specific major/degree has a specific site, you can link to that as well.

If you visited your school and took pictures while you were there, include a picture or two of yourself or the college. :)

Just for fun, here's mine:

University: Drake University
Degrees: School of Journalism and Mass Communication I Department of History I School of Education

I went to Drake originally because I wanted to be a journalist (Diane Sawyer-style). I also declared a second major in history, because I am a nerd. After two and a half years (and two MISERABLE internships) I realized I hated journalism, but still loved history. So I took more history classes and less journalism classes, and ended up with degrees in both. One year later I was back at Drake to get my Masters in Teaching, so I could eventually move to Honduras and hang out with all of you at school each day. :)

What excited me most about Drake was the hands-on Journalism experience I could get. Not only were there 3 major TV networks in Des Moines, but Drake had their own television station within the school. I was able to act as reporter, producer, writer, photographer, and everything in-between without even leaving campus ... I even got to interview Olympic champions at the Drake Relays! Even after I decided I didn't want to pursue journalism as my career, I was still excited about the options open to me as a Drake Student.

One of the things I was worried about was how much time I would spend doing these awesome extra-curricular activities. Even though they were career-oriented, they took a lot of time, and it was sometimes hard to balance what I wanted to do with what I had to do and what I should do ... not that that ever changes :)

Here are some pictures of my husband and I from my Graduations (well, ok, the first one was 3 weeks before we got married, but he's my husband now):



<=Undergrad Graduate =>















Remember, blog posts are a major part of your grade...those of you who spent time catching up last week...let's please try to stay on top of this!!!

Grading as followed:
2 pts: Name of College or University
2 pts: Link to College or University website
2 pts: Name of what you are going to study
2 pts: Explanation of why you are excited
2 pts: Explanation of what you are worried about
Extra Credit: Pictures (pictures make blogs so much more visually interesting!)

See you in class!
KF

No comments:

Post a Comment