New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

6th Grade: While I Am Gone

Howdy 6th graders:

How'd you like Pocahontas? I hope you enjoyed it, and got some REALLY good notes about the movie, because you will need them this week!

Friday and Monday: Bring that notes page to the computer lab as you research and start to form your Pocahontas research paper sloppy copy (due Wednesday, February 15). I will make another blog post to give you links for the paper research. (PS: Start with the links I have created above...yes, there are 2 about.com and 1 wikipedia...you're welcome.)

Tuesday: You will be back in the classroom. I want you to use the information you learned while you were researching/writing your sloppy copy to fill out the compare/contrast paper about the movie vs real life. When/if you finish that, use the time to work on your Timeline Project...remember it's due Thursday, February 16!

Due on Wednesday, February 15: Pocahontas paper sloppy copy (should be a completed paper which we will talk over together in class), Timeline Check (should have all information written out for all 40 timeline elements and have at least 30 of them written and color-coded on the timeline), Compare and Contrast worksheet

If you have any questions about annotation or the paper, please let me know! :) I will do my best to be online during your class time for the next two days, so feel free to e-mail me at kfink@discoveryschool.edu.hn.
KF

No comments:

Post a Comment