New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Week 1 of School! Week of August 10-12

Hello Everyone!

Welcome back to a new school year!

I am so excited to get this year started!

My room is ready:












I've printed everything we'll need for the next few weeks, so all I need are my students! :)

Here's what you can look forward to during the first 3 days of classes!

All levels (6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th) will start out the year going over the classroom syllabus and rules and setting a quarter 1 goal for themselves.

On Thursday and Friday:
6th grade will be taking a Map Skills Pretest (don't panic, it's a PREtest!) and going over it to understand what you need to learn over the next few weeks.
--

7th grade will move right into a review of the parts and types of maps, something I KNOW we went over early last school year :)
--

8th grade will review my favorite thing in the world, Primary Sources, on Thursday! Then on Friday we will start looking at our Family History project (don't worry, they tie in nicely :)
--

9th grade will spend Thursday and Friday reviewing the Renaissance and Reformation!
--

Hope you've had a wonderful summer, and that you'll return to school tomorrow fresh and ready for an AWESOME school year!!

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment