New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Sunday, November 7, 2010

History and Communications: November 8,9,10,11, and 12!

Hello everyone!

Well, I survived! :) And I am very much looking forward to getting back to the classroom this week! :)

Students, I hope you had a good week with the sub(s?) and were able to hit all the benchmarks I set for you...this next week will be important grade-wise.

6th grade: I think I had some pages missing from your Aztec packet (sorry!) so we will get all that sorted out first thing in the morning. My goal is to get you through the Aztecs and have some sort of wrap-up Maya and Aztec quizzy-type thing. We'll see tomorrow. No stress. We will start the Incas on Friday!
--

7th grade: You covered a lot of ground with Ancient India last week, and were asked to start a timeline on Friday...hopefully you didn't spend hours working on that over the weekend (remember, I specifically said not to) because we are going to spend Monday and Tuesday working on it in class! Then we are going to look at the specific places Hinduism and Buddhism affected Ancient Indian culture through the end of the week. You will have your Ancient India quiz next Thursday!
--

8th grade: I am very excited to see your Ancient Greece presentations tomorrow (and Tuesday, if we need to finish them up). Remember, the most important thing is to show us how the Greeks are still affecting our lives today. Your Ancient Greece quiz is going to be this Friday, and there will be a section on the effects of Ancient Greece on today's society. We will spend the rest of Tuesday and all of Wednesday looking at the Fall of Ancient Greece (oh those pesky Macedonians!), play review Trashketball on Thursday, then Quiz on Friday!
--

Seniors: Are you ready to give your speeches? I sure hope so, because they are due on Thursday! If you have any last-minute questions, want me to look over your speeches, etc, please feel free to pop by my room any time this week. (I am always around no later than 7:15, and I am always here until at least 3:30...just so you know).

Looking forward to our last full week of school before December...wow this school year is flying!

REMINDER: Quarter 2 Midterms are NEXT MONDAY, November 15.
Students, think about what YOU can do this week to get your grade to where YOU want it to be!

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment