New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

UPDATE: No Communications this Week :(

Seniors:

Due to an unfortunate (and unintended) scheduling conflict, you will be attending a collegiate visit this Thursday from 1:15-2:07. While college visits are good, your not having class this week is bad, because that means you will not have my class again until the first week of December.

What this means for you: You have a demonstration speech DUE December 9th. (BTW: I am expecting that you will have all materials for your speech with you when you come to class that day, AS WELL AS YOUR OUTLINE. Anyone without an outline will not be able to present. Period. This means you will get a zero on the speech. So bring your outlines.) Without this week's class, you will have exactly 2 in-class periods to prepare for this speech, which means you will have a lot of preparation work to do outside of class. If you have questions/concerns/want me to look over your outline/want to practice/etc. you need to let me know, because I won't be seeing you much.

What this means for me: I will work to make myself as available as possible to you before and after school, during break, and at lunch, as well as by BB and e-mail (kfink@discoveryschool.edu.hn). I will also make the next two week's blog posts be "check-ins" for the speech. I'll put specifics up each week, but plan that for the next two weeks you will be updating me on your speech progress via your blog. I will comment/give suggestions where I think they are needed.

Sorry about this, but that's the way it has to be. KEEP READING THE BLOG. It will be your friend.

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment