New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I CAN'T WAIT For Next Week! April 4-8

Hi everyone:

So, next week is going to be a good one. I can feel it in my bones!

6th grade: You are going to have your first introduction to something I love, a DBQ (Document Based Question). Don't listen to anything the 7th and 8th graders say about them, you are going to love them! We will go through them, one by one, and and finis the week with a movie that will bring it all together! I can't wait!
--

7th grade: In order to help you understand the depth of issues between the British and Indians in India during the Age of Imperialism, we are going to spend next week watching one of my favorite movies, Lagaan. I promise, you are going to love it! I can't wait!!
--

8th grade: On Monday and Tuesday we're going to do one of my all-time favorite activities, the Discovery School Art Gallery. Using set criteria you're going to assess different works of art to evaluate whether they were created during the Medieval or Renaissance Eras...It's GREAT! You don't have class Wednesday, but on Thursday and Friday you will be researching one of the Renaissance works of art and creating a song about the background story of the painting. I can't wait!!!
--

Seniors: You will have time to continue working on your multi-genre projects next week. We will also have our first 1:1 conferences so I can see your progress, and you'll have your second day of peer conferences...and, you guessed it, I can't wait!!!!
--

Please remember that school will be dismissing at 11:44 on Wednesday so that we teachers can work on making our curriculum exactly what Discovery School students need to succeed!!

It's going to be a great week, I hope you are getting excited...I know I am!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :)

KF

No comments:

Post a Comment