New School

Nova International Schools
8th Grade LASS (8-1 and 8-3)

Sunday, October 30, 2011

9th Grade: You have a Quiz Tomorrow!

Hello 9th graders:

As I mentioned to you last Friday before we went and enjoyed the fabulous UN Day festivities, you will be having a quiz during class tomorrow.

As always, you are welcome to bring a notes page (and I would STRONGLY encourage it). One page, front-side only, as per usual.

Although we didn't "review" for this last week, it's not a pop quiz either because I told you about it. :)

To review on your own, here are some things I would look at (we will also have some questions time in class before the quiz)

-Definition of revolution (the one we've been using in class, not from the dictionary)
-Historically based causes of the Scientific Revolution and Enlightenment (think of things we have studied in the past...)
-Major Scientific Revolutionaries and how they changed science
-Major Enlightenment thinkers and what their big ideas were (and what those big ideas meant)
-Salons (not the kind you get your hair done in, the kind where you go to talk and debate)

I, of course, will not be checking off for spelling, but I do need you to be close to right so I know who you are talking about.

Questions? There is a comments section on the blog, you may e-mail me or send an engrade message.

Have a nice day!
KF

No comments:

Post a Comment